The way of Saint James by sea?
In order to obtain the Compostela certificate, the following requirements apply:
Pilgrims must be able to prove with the stamps on their ‘passport’ that they have sailed at least 100 nautical miles and completed the final kilometres of the Way of Saint James on foot, obtaining the final stamp at Monte do Gozo.
In addition to undertaking the Way individually at any time of year, each year NORTHMARINAS organises the group SAIL THE WAY CROSSING, which takes place during the second fortnight in July.
How can I take part?
Once you have accepted the terms and conditions, filled in the registration form and made the corresponding transfer, your boat will immediately be registered for the Sail the Way crossing.
- If you do not have your own boat, you can contact charter companies such as:
- SI would like to join a boat participating in the crossing that needs crew members, thereby sharing the costs and work involved in completing the pilgrimage: in this case, you should contact the organisers via the website. You will be included in the list of crew members sent to the boat owners wishing to hire crew members from those included on the list and in order of registration. A new list will be drawn up each year.
- I have friends that own a boat or I am in contact with a sailing club: in this case the objective is to transmit the adventurous spirit of pilgrims interested in completing the Way by sea and encourage them to sign up for the crossing.
All these options are available for the Crossing or at any other time of year.
How do I register?
- Consult rates on the information page.
- Make payment by bank transfer, deposit account number (Abanca): ES65 2080 1092 3230 4000 4989
Beneficiary: North Marinas
Concept: Place of departure / Name of ship / Number of crew members
Example: La Rochelle – Batuxo – 5 mem.) = 350€ (Departure Hondarribia) + 100€ x 5 = 500€ (Crew) TOTAL = 850€
- Print and fill in the boat registration form and the crew member registration form, sign it and return it scanned together with the bank transfer receipt, by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we receive the email with the signed registration form and the proof of transfer, the boat will be registered and confirmed via email.
In the event that the number of final crew members is not clear on the day of registration, the registration procedure will also be carried out to reserve the boat with the number we know at the time, after which the remaining payment for the total number of crew members on board will be formalised prior to the start of the voyage.
The deadline for registration is 30 June 2018.
Sail the Way is an initiative of North Marinas, the group of the best marinas in northern Spain.