The way of Saint James by sea?
In order to obtain the Compostela certificate, the following requirements apply:
Pilgrims must be able to prove with the stamps on their ‘passport’ that they have sailed at least 100 nautical miles and completed the final kilometres of the Way of Saint James on foot, obtaining the final stamp at Monte do Gozo.
In addition to undertaking the Way individually at any time of year, each year NORTHMARINAS organises the group SAIL THE WAY CROSSING, which takes place during July.
How can I take part?
Once you have accepted the terms and conditions, filled in the registration form and made the corresponding transfer, your boat will immediately be registered for the Sail the Way crossing.
- SI would like to join a boat participating in the crossing that needs crew members, thereby sharing the costs and work involved in completing the pilgrimage: in this case, you should contact the organisers via the website. You will be included in the list of crew members sent to the boat owners wishing to hire crew members from those included on the list and in order of registration. A new list will be drawn up each year.
- I have friends that own a boat or I am in contact with a sailing club: in this case the objective is to transmit the adventurous spirit of pilgrims interested in completing the Way by sea and encourage them to sign up for the crossing.
All these options are available for the Crossing or at any other time of year.
How do I register?
Make sure you have made the payment by bank transfer according to the current rates:
- Deposit account number (Abanca): ES65 2080 1092 3230 4000 4989
BIC code: CAGLESMMXXX
- Beneficiary: North Marinas
- Concept: Place of departure / Name of ship / Number of crew members
- Example: La Rochelle – Batuxo – 5 mem.) = 350€ (Departure Hondarribia) + 250€ x 5 = 1250€ (Crew) TOTAL = 1600€
Next, fill in the following form with the data of boat, skipper and crew.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions. You can also call us at the following telephone numbers +34 881 920 482 or +34 670 405 446
Once we receive the email with the signed registration form and the proof of transfer, the boat will be registered and confirmed via email.
The deadline for registration was 30 June 2018.
We are preparing ‘Sail the Way 2020‘, dates to be determined.